How Do We Protect Your Information?
We use a server certificate (also known as a digital certificate) to assure you of our identity and secure sockets layer (SSL) to encrypt data transmissions. If you want to check our certificate/security you can do from within your browser: click the padlock usually found to the left of the website URL or at the bottom right of your browser, to bring up the details of this Site's Digital ID.
This means your information (for example, passwords, address or credit card number) is private when it is sent to Wheel Nook.
The security measures described above are just some of the administrative, technical, and physical steps we take to protect your personal information. However, the open nature of the Internet means that an absolute guarantee of security cannot be offered, and you should be aware that even with all the measures we take, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
What Information Do We Collect And How Do We Obtain It?
We receive information in one of two ways: either directly from you when you register with us or from a third party (for example to confirm your identity).
If you register with us you will be asked to provide certain information such as your name, address, details of your credit card, telephone number and email address so that we can process and fulfil your order, notify you of your order status and inform you of special offers and promotions.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information that we collect about you to:
Who Does Wheel Nook Disclose The Information It Collects To?
- Process your orders.
- Assess your application and to verify your identity.
- Manage your account.
- Administer this website.
- Monitor customer traffic patterns and Site usage to help us develop and improve the design and layout of the Site.
- Notify you about enhancement to our services, such as changes to the website, new services and special offers that may be of interest.
- If you have given us permission to send you information about our products and services by telephone, email or in writing, Wheel Nook will do so in accordance with legislation including the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth).
We use information about you for purposes other than the provision of a website shopping facility. As a result we may disclose your information to:
Keeping in Touch with You
- Legal and debt recovery representatives for debt collection and debtor tracing purposes if provided for by law.
- Reputable companies to fulfill your order or process your data on our behalf.
We want to keep you up to date with information about new ranges, special offers and improvements to this site.
If you decide you do not want us to contact you, you can request to unsubscribe from our email communications.
You may continue to receive mailings which are already on route to you for a short period of time while your request is being dealt with.
Enquiries and Complaints
If you have any privacy related questions or think there has been a breach of Australian privacy laws by Wheel Nook, please write to Wheel Nook via firstname.lastname@example.org. We will investigate any complaint and will notify you of the making of a decision in relation to your complaint as soon as is practicable after it has been made.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your PC, phone or other web enabled device when you visit the Wheel Nook website. They are not harmful and do not contain any confidential information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details. Cookies are an essential part of how our site works. Some of these cookies are required by our site to enable you to transact whilst other cookies enable us to give you an enhanced, personalised web experience. By using our site, you also consent to the use of these cookies.
Cookies are used on our site for the following reasons:
Are Cookies Safe?
- To allow you to securely sign in to your Wheel Nook Account, so that you can use "My Account" features such as order information.
- To store the content of your online shopping bag whilst you browse the site and to complete an order.
- To record the areas of the website that you have visited, products you have viewed and time spent browsing, as well as the products you purchased. Wheel Nook uses this information to help make the website more user friendly, develop our site design and to continuously improve the quality of the service we provide.
- To distribute visitors to our site evenly across platforms to ensure the content is served at the fastest possible speed.
Yes. The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous. They do not contain any information which could personally identify you and your account security is never compromised. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu. For a video about cookies visit www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies.
Can I turn off cookies?
Our use of advertisment tracking
We also allow selected third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes to place cookies when you visit our site. These cookies enable us to monitor which adverts you see and click on to get to our site.